Monday, April 11, 2011

Let's Congratulate nobakecakes AND FrivolTees, this week's winners!


We had such wonderful treasuries this week that even you couldn't choose between them! For the first time ever, we have a tie between two winners!

I'll be featuring No Bake Cakes today AND FrivolTees tomorrow!


I asked Mona, owner of No Bake Cakes to tell me a bit about herself and her shop.

'Creativity has always been a part of my make-up. It always amazes me to see what my two hands can accomplish. Diaper cakes and towel cakes came about purely by chance. My son outgrew his diapers very quickly, and I hated letting the extra diapers go to waste. [I] thought [diaper cakes] would be a good way to pass the diapers on to someone else. After making a couple of cakes to give away, my husband said, “You could sell those!”.'

'[My cakes] are practical as well as pretty. I take everyday items that people need and use and transform them into something pretty that can be displayed. Afterwards, [the cake] can be taken apart [to use individual pieces].'

'I really enjoy making the towel cakes. I think there are so many occasions that can be celebrated with towel cakes aside from the often thought of wedding. They make great [gifts for] birthdays, graduations, housewarmings, Mother’s day, hostess gifts, or even just because.'

'When I make my cakes I try to think what [people] might like or use. But mostly I think my cakes embody the word fun. I find inspiration from my family and friends. They are so encouraging. My mom has been one of my biggest supporters. She is a big part of the shop. She is the one who creates the amazing aprons you see for sale along with the cakes.'

'Currently, I am a stay at home mom of two amazing children, ages 4 ½ and 16 months. I would love to see my business successfully develop to full-time by the time they are both in school.'


Help Mona realize her business dreams by checking out No Bake Cakes!

You can also check out her winning treasury here.

Check back tomorrow for FrivolTee's interview.

Want to be featured next week? Play the Team Undiscovered treasury challenge on Wednesday, when the theme will be 'April Showers'. Anyone can play! Rules will be posted on Wednesday as well as a place to post your treasury links.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment, we do read every one and truly appreciate your time