Monday, May 2, 2011

Let's Congratulate Janehamill, this week's winner!



You voted, and this week Jane of Janehamill Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads & Jewellery
is the winner! Check out her winning treasury, The Floral Dance (Team Undiscovered Challenge)

I asked Jane about herself and her Etsy shop. What inspires here and her future plans here is what she had to say.

I've always loved making things, right from an early age but when I discovered jewelery making 21 years ago, I was hooked; then when the lamp-working bug hit in 2007, there was no way out! :)

I work in a small workshop at my home in Chorley in the North West of England. I've recently started learning other glass work techniques and hope to extend my range of jewelery to include fused glass. I am completely self-taught. My first career was in I.T. Support but when ill-health forced me to quit work, I returned to my beloved beads and wire and haven't looked back!


Without doubt, my favorite material is glass - I love the way it moves when it's hot, how different glasses react together to make beautiful colors and patterns and the sense of anticipation I have every time I go to my kiln to retrieve the latest batch of glass goodies. It's like opening an oven to a batch of freshly baked cupcakes with the added promise of unexpected results!


It's difficult to pin down what my style is. I like both the bright and colorful as well as the more subtle organic earth tones. However, I have recently developed a glass technique which creates a rainbow tie-dye effect on my beads. I really enjoy making them and they're usually snapped up on Etsy as fast as I can list them! So I think I may have found my signature style... ;)


As with many artists, I am inspired by almost anything! People close to me have learned to read a certain look I get when I see something I could work into my beads and jewelery. I like form and order as much as I like serendipity. I wouldn't like to be pinned down to one or two specific things for inspiration - I would find that far too limiting.


My future plans are quite simple - to allow me to become independent! As I have already mentioned, I had to stop working due to my health (I was diagnosed with ME/CFS in 2001) and since then I have been gradually working myself back to health but I have relied heavily on my husband for everything. I want to be able to earn my own money and regain some if not all of my independence!


I believe my enthusiasm for what I do is reflected in my finished pieces. I derive great satisfaction from not only making my own jewelery with my own beads, but also from seeing my beads used in beautiful pieces of art made by my customers.


You can visit Jane and here shop at  janehamill Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads & Jewellery

This post was posted by TatterBeans.... and Im sorry to say but I have not yet been informed of this weeks theme... so please keep your eyes peeled and I hope to reveal it soon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment, we do read every one and truly appreciate your time