Monday, March 14, 2011

Let's all congratulate cayteebelle, this week's winner!


Hey team, you voted, and this week Caytee Belle' treasury California Dreamin' won! It was another close race, And I can see why. Team, you make beautiful treasuries! Everyone who played and supported the team should feel super proud of themselves!

I asked Carly, shop owner of Caytee Belle's Classics to tell me a bit about herself and her shop.

'...I've been crafting and making stuff as long as I can remember. Even as a little girl, I loved drawing, painting, and embroidery. I just love to make things. I am constantly looking at things and thinking, "I can make that!" I've never been too afraid to try anything, and when I can't figure out how to make something on my own, I'll take a class or check out books in the library to learn.'

'Through the birth of my 3 children, my love for sewing blossomed [while] making things for them. I started with classic, simple clothing and have gradually moved [on to] making stuffed toys and playthings. Which brings me to my current love; with all the technology and noise and general busyness of life, I love the sweet simplicity of a simple handmade teddy bear.'

'I own a small boutique-type consignment and gift shop, Caytee Belle's Closet, in Northeast Mississippi and I've been selling my bears there for a little over two years...My little girl's nickname is Caytee Belle, and my shop was named in her honor...My favorite materials are repurposed clothing and baby blankets, but I also really like working with corduroy and flannel- anything soft can make a great bear!'

'...The popularity of my bears as gift items [combined with] my joy in making them led me to the decision to take the plunge and open Caytee Belle's Classics on Etsy. Each bear is lovingly handmade by me, with a little help stuffing from my little girl. Her favorite ritual is to christen each bear with a big hug before carefully placing him in the box to travel to his new home. I'm new to Etsy, but am loving every minute of it! [In the future], I'd love for Caytee Belle's Classics to become so busy that all I have time for is creating things for others!'

Want a lovely handmade bear shipped off with a hug? Find handmade playthings, baby clothes, and things for moms too at Caytee Belle's online shop.

Want to be featured next week on The Undiscovered blog? Make sure you play with us on Wednesday when in our treasury challenge theme will be 'home sweet home'. Only treasuries made on Wednesday will count so check back Wednesday for rules and to upload your collections.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment, we do read every one and truly appreciate your time