Monday, February 28, 2011

Let's All Congratulate tresundesigns, This Week's Winner!




We had some fabulous entries this week. I'm not surprised! Team Undiscovered- you are fabulous! And your treasuries keep getting better and better! You voted, and decided that The Color Purple knocked your socks off! So join me in congratulating Lauren of Tre Sun Designs, this week's treasury challenge winner!

I asked Lauren to tell me a bit about herself and her Etsy shop.

'I have always loved jewelry. When I was a child I would spend hours playing dress up with my Grandmother's costume jewelry. I also had quite the impressive rock collection!...As far as creating jewelry, I started doing that a few years ago. I first attended a local bead show and made quite a few purchases. After that I decided to take some jewelry classes and I was hooked forever!'

'Some of my favorite materials to use are antiqued brass, sterling silver, vintage buttons, vintage found items, gemstones, Czech glass and Swarovski crystals and rhinestones. I use a very high quality brass which is nickel-free and lead-free which is perfect for those like me who have sensitive skin.'

'Inspiration for my designs come from the beads and amazing gemstones I purchase and the vintage pieces that I find. I love creating new jewelry designs from vintage finds. Finding broken jewelry or mismatched vintage earrings is quite exciting.' Lauren really enjoys deciding how to repurpose these pieces, giving them new life in her designs.

'The other wonderful thing about using vintage jewelry is knowing it is so rich with history. For instance when I use vintage buttons I wonder, "who once wore these little treasures?".'

'I'm married and have 3 boys so life is quite busy but always fun and interesting! I love being a mother but I'm so happy to have my jewelry business as a creative outlet...Some of my jewelry is one-of-a-kind or part of a small run which is nice for those who purchase since they will be wearing something that is unique. Currently I sell at a local clothing boutique and I'm hoping to expand to another location in the next few months along with growing my Etsy business.'

'I really enjoy belonging to this team. Team members are so helpful and willing to give such valuable and insightful information. There is SO MUCH to learn about Etsy and I'm happy I'm not learning it alone!'

Me too Lauren! Me too. Check out Tre Sun Designs and show Lauren's shop some love!

Want to be featured next week? Then take part in this Wednesday Treasury Challenge! The theme will be 'Luck of the Irish'. Be creative, the theme can mean anything to you, and anyone can play! Make sure you wait till Wednesday to make your treasury so it will count!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment, we do read every one and truly appreciate your time